Putting Faith Into Action
From the beginning of Habitat for Humanity of Osceola County, faith-based organizations have put their faith into action to build hope and transform lives.
Like Habitat for Humanity International, Habitat for Humanity of Osceola County is founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, decent, affordable place to live in dignity and safety. Habitat for Humanity of Osceola County has an open-door policy: All who desire to be a part of this work are welcome, regardless of religious preference or background.
Together, the donated labor of construction volunteers, the support of partner organizations and the homeowners’ “sweat equity” make Habitat for Humanity of Osceola County’s home construction and renovation possible. By sharing resources with those in need, Habitat for Humanity of Osceola County volunteers and supporters have made decent, affordable housing a reality.
Benefits of Partnerships with Faith Organizations
Habitat for Humanity of Osceola County benefits from contributions made by faith organizations. Whether through prayer, financial support or volunteer work, faith organizations are part of the backbone of our work.
- Encourage your congregation to include Habitat for Humanity of Osceola County in its mission budget.
- Take up special offerings for Habitat.
- Provide in-kind goods and services. (For example, a plumber in your congregation might volunteer to do the plumbing work on a Habitat house.)
- Build strength and unity within your congregation as you work toward the common goal of helping others.
- Organize volunteers for a construction development that your congregation helps fund.